sense making faith
8 March 2009
Week 2: Journey into Imagination
Use your gift of imagination to reflect on God's world from new perspectives.
For help with downloads look at this guide.
Continuing the journey
- The course is based on a beautifully illustrated CTBI publication Sense Making Faith, written by Anne Richards. There is more material to explore in the book in the ‘Journey into Imagination' chapter.
- You can explore further journeys and ideas in the Explore section of http://www.spiritualjourneys.org.uk/ in the section called ‘See' and also in the Dream section where there are creative resources for you to explore.
- Mental health resources include:
Promoting Mental Health: A Resource for Spiritual and Pastoral Care
National Institute for Mental Health in England
- Julian of Norwich, Revelations of Divine Love, Penguin Classics, new edition 1999
- Rowan Williams, Ponder these things, praying with icons of the Virgin Mary, SCM Canterbury Press 2004 and The Dwelling of the Light, praying with icons of Christ, SCM Canterbury Press 2004.
- Rosalind Ramsay, Anne Page, Tricia Goodman and Deborah Hart (eds) Changing Minds, our lives and mental illness, Gaskell Publications 2002.
- John Bayley, Iris: A memoir of Iris Murdoch, Abacus, new edition 1999.
- The Daily Service on Radio 4 from March 9th to 12th offers more readings and reflections for you to listen to about people whose spiritual journeys were changed by the encounter with Jesus.