who we are - archive
bodies in association
Independent ecumenical organisations can join as Bodies in Association with Churches Together in Britain and Ireland. This status links them to CTBI, Churches Together in England, Action of Churches Together in Scotland and Cytun (Churches Together in Wales).
Bodies in Association:
- Have aims and basis consistent with those of the ecumenical instruments.
- Have a broad presence, not confined to one locality or region, within at least one of the four nations of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
- Have an inclusive membership, welcoming people from all denominations and traditions represented among the churches.
- Have proper constitutional arrangements and accountable leadership.
- Are among the leading organisations in their field.
The Bodies in Association at present are (external links):
- Action by Christians Against Torture
- Association of Interchurch Families
- Bible Society
- Christian Education
- Christians Aware
- Christian Council on Ageing
- Christian Nightlife Initiative
- Church Action on Poverty
- College of Preachers
- Community of Aidan and Hilda
- Corrymeela Community
- ECCR (Ecumenical Council for Corporate Responsibility)
- Ecumenical Society of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Faith in Europe
- Feed the Minds
- Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Fellowship of St Alban and St Sergius
- Focolare Movement
- Guild of Health
- Housing Justice
- Industrial Mission Association
- International Ecumenical Fellowship
- Iona Community
- Irish School of Ecumenics
- Living Stones
- National Churches Trust
- Retreat Association
- Society for Ecumenical Studies
- Student Christian Movement
- Womens World Day of Prayer Movement