environment - archive
programme of resources 2011
1 September - 4 October 2011
Our Daily Bread - Food in God's Creation
'What's the food like?', 'Who is providing the food?', 'Is there enough food to go round?' Our everyday talk constantly makes reference to food, which is no surprise, as food and drink are essentials for life and survival.
When we pray "Give us our daily bread" we are both acknowledging our dependence on God's generosity and our realisation that the answer to that prayer needs to include agriculture, commerce, sharing, trade-justice, animal welfare, diet and a host of other considerations.
Our Creation Time resources, which encourage and assist churches, groups and individuals to observe a Time for Creation each year between 1 September and 4 October for the protection of creation and the promotion of sustainable lifestyles, focus this year on Food in God's creation. May God make us more aware of his generosity and our responsibilities as we pray for our daily bread.
The 2011 resources available for free download include:
- Sermon notes based on the Lectionary readings for the 5 Sundays
- Other sermon outlines
- Prayers of intercession / bidding prayers for a Sunday liturgy
- Service outline for a mid-week / ecumenical event, with accompanying PowerPoint
- Group study notes
- New harvest festival ideas
- Background information on food and agriculture
- A range of other liturgical material