sense making faith
1 March 2009
Week 1: Journey into Seeing
Step out on this spiritual journey which aims to help you see God, the world and yourself with new eyes.
There's a choice this week - you can download the main resource for the week and/or the one for Saint David's Day.
Week 1 - Journey into Seeing (PDF)
Week 1 - Journey into Seeing for Saint David's Day (PDF)
Welsh translation (PDF):
Taith i mewn i Weld
Taith i mewn i Weld - Dydd Gŵyl Dewi
For help with downloads look at this guide.
Digital photography artist, Chris Jordan looks at issues of environment and consumption in a different way:
Listen to some stories of visually impaired people at Action for Blind People
Continuing the journey
- The course is based on a beautifully illustrated CTBI publication Sense Making Faith, written by Anne Richards. There is more material in the book in the 'Journey into Seeing' chapter.
- Explore the section called 'See' at http://www.spiritualjourneys.org.uk/
- Look at http://www.chrisjordan.com/ for more material on consumption and waste.
- Look at Professor John Hull's On Sight and Insight, a Journey into the World of Blindness, Oxford, One World Books 1997 and In the Beginning there was Darkness, a Blind Person's Conversations with the Bible, SCM 2001. There is more on Professor Hull's website .
Other links and more information for finding out about the lives of visually impaired people, see the Royal National Institute of Blind People
John Davies, A History of Wales/Hanes Cymru, published in both English and Welsh editions, Penguin 1994, revised edition 2007.
Rhygyvarch, Life of St David, Rhymbooks, 2001.
Rowan Williams, Silence and Honey Cakes, Lion Publishing 2004.
- Find out more about the cathedral that stands on the site of St David's monastery at http://www.stdavidscathedral.org.uk/
- The Daily Service on Radio 4, from 2 - 5 March, offers more readings and refl ections for you to listen to about people whose spiritual journeys were changed by the encounter with Jesus.