inter-religious - archive
churches' inter religious network
The Churches' Inter Religious Network succeeds the Churches' Commission for Inter Faith Relations (formerly The Committee for Relations with People of Other Faiths).
It is the churches' ecumenical forum on inter faith matters and aims to:
- Support the inter faith work of the churches.
- Act as a forum for discussion of matters of current concern.
- Theologically reflect upon crucial issues in respect of the churches' engagement with people of other faiths.
- Initiate work in inter faith matters that complements work already being undertaken.
- Provide opportunities for sharing resources on inter faith matters.
Over the past 12 months a major item on the agenda of the Churches Inter-Religious Network has been Jewish-Christian relations. This included a one day consultation where the different churches met together to share openly and honestly where they saw their own relationships to the Jewish community. The result was a strong desire to make a public statement about the importance of a strong relationship between the churches and the Jewish community. This statement can be downloaded below:
Importance of Inter Faith Relations
The following is a view from HG Bishop Angaelos of the Coptic Orthodox Church and Moderator of the Churches' Inter Religious Network: